Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why 365

My sister, cousins, and me: on a rock in Georgia (1995)


When I sit back and think about the past twenty six years, I realize that so much of what I can remember arrives in snapshots. 


I have strong memories of jumping on my grandparents' four poster bed, singing into wooden microphones with my cousins and sister. Or walking down the long gravel driveway in the Georgia mountains with my PawPaw, neither of us needing to speak. Or standing on a slope in East Tennessee and imagining that I could feel an electric pulse tingling across my skin as the lightning bugs blinked on, and off. 


But lately there have been too many days when I merely existed, struggling to make it through the hours. I have created this blog in an effort to hold myself accountable, that I might live each and every day, for one year. 


I begin with my twenty sixth birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment