Sunday, February 13, 2011

13 February 2011 . . . Day 2

I'm back in Lancaster, now, having been dropped off by my wonderful adopted-family.  My roommates surprised me with a giant Disney Princess helium balloon (I've never had a giant princess balloon before!) and a hanging tomato garden called "Upsy Downsy."  The picture on the box looks impressive, but after twenty-six years of killing my beloved plants, I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Tomatoes, reaching
However: please take a look at this photograph.

I mean, incredible, right?  I go out of town for a couple of nights, and the little seedlings go wild!  I'm so proud of them.  Now, if I can just manage to keep them alive for a few more days until their roots are strong enough to re-pot in the new Upsy Downsy garden.  

We may still have snow and ice on the ground, but it feels like spring in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment